Infinity Kappa 62IX 6.5" Coaxial Speaker SystemKAPPA62IX.FBA
Infinity's Kappa speakers set a new standard in car audio. Our Patented Plus One woofers deliver tight robust bass and high-output that is detailed and musical. Edge-driven textile dome tweeters with oversized voice coils deliver silky smooth highs with increased thermal power handling for high volume enthusiasts. Every model is voiced using audiophile grade inductors and capacitors resulting in detail and accuracy unmatched by other brands in their class. And Kappa's 2 ohm design extracts every watt of power from the amplifier or head unit for exceptional performance. Kappa is how all car speakers should perform. In The Box: 2 x Speakers 2 x Grilles 2 x Plastic multi-hole adapter rings 2 x Foam gaskets 16 x screws 8 x speed clips 2 x Infinity logo badges 2 x brand stickers Owner’s manual Power Handling - 75W RMS, 225W peak Sensitivity (@ 2.83V) - 95dB Frequency Response - 45Hz – 25kHz Voice Coil Diameter - 1-3/16 in. (30mm) Impedance - 2.7 ohms High sensitivity allows high-output without overdriving the system. With a sensitivity of up to 96 decibels at 2.83 volts/1 meter, Kappa speakers achieve excellent volume with superb musicality with as little as 5 watts RMS. (Kappa speakers are ideal for upgrading original factory-installed speakers.) Speakers are individually tuned with outboard passive crossovers using audiophile grade inductors and capacitors to assure high quality audio versus “off-the-shelf” sound. This means that specifications as well as speaker characteristics are considered when tuning the Infinity sound.
- Infinity’s glass fiber woofer cones are lighter and stiffer with more cone-area than the competition , delivering increased low-frequency output and higher efficiency.
- Edge-driven textile dome tweeters - These are not commonly used W-domes, but edge-driven textile dome speakers that will deliver broader and smoother high frequency response.
- High output 2.5 ohm ohm architecture with low impedance voice coils enables the speaker to extract every watt from the amplifier and deliver peak power with ease.
- Infinity speakers have to undergo a testing process that would destroy lesser speakers. Infinity freezes them, bakes them, shakes them, blasts them with ultraviolet light and drives them at full power for days at a time.
- Infinity is in the business of designing reference quality speakers, and Kappa car audio speakers are no exception.