Brandmotion 5000-CA12 Curb Alert Parking Sensor for Corvette C5/C65000-CA12.STICKERED.FBA
It's happened to all of us. You pull up too close to a curb and you hear that ominous "SCRAAAAPE". Sometimes, you'll remember to pull away slowly when you return and avoid further damage. But if you drive a sports car, or sports sedan, or any vehicle with a low front end (even a Prius, for example), you can "hook" your lower fascia and experience one of the worst automotive emotions possible – backing up and having the curb rip your lower valence panel or even your entire fascia from the car! It happens every day to innocent drivers, but now there is a solution. With a Curb Alert(TM) Parking System, you'll no longer have to worry about damaging your vehicle's front bumper when pulling up to a curb or approaching the end of a steep driveway. Using Infrared LED technology, the Curb Alert(TM) curb sensor will reliably detect when you are getting too close to a curb and warn you with a short series of audible beeps, helping you avoid expensive damage to your vehicle's front end. Having Curb Alert(TM) is like owning an affordable insurance policy on your vehicle's front end – one most modern vehicles, the system pays for itself the first time it's used. The Curb Alert(TM) can determine the distance of your vehicle from a curb or other low obstacle. It sends out an infrared beam that is analyzed by the system to determine how far your vehicle is from the approaching object. If it determines that your vehicle is dangerously close to the curb, it alerts you with an audible in-cabin tone to prevent damage to your front bumper, spoiler or valence panel.
- With Curb Alert you'll no longer have to worry about damaging your vehicle's front bumper when pulling up to or leaving a curb, or approaching the end of a steep driveway.
- Using Infrared LED technology, Curb Alert will reliably detect when you are getting too close to a curb and warn you with a short series of audible beeps, preventing expensive damage to your vehicle.
- Adjustable warning distance from 8-28 inch curb distances
- Easy self-calibration to the curb warning distance of your choice.
- Built-in sensor failure indicator Sophisticated software programming eliminates “false alarms” from sunlight and random disturbances